For safe, easily accessible, and professional-looking document storage, pocket folders, also known as presentation folders, are a convenient tool for professionals in a broad range of industries. These folders may have one or more pockets and can be made from different materials, such as paper. Through easy customization, professionally printed presentation folders can provide your customers with pertinent company information before they even look inside.
With over 50 years of experience, RoyerComm offers a comprehensive suite of marketing and print services to set you apart from your competition. Leveraging advanced printing technology, we can create high-quality printed materials, including pocket folders, uniquely tailored to your needs.
The Basics of Pocket Folder Printing Services
Pocket folders have a wide range of applications. They are perfect for presentations, trade shows, promotions, or day-to-day corporate communication. They come in handy on many occasions, from serving as swag at conventions to collegiate welcome packages.
Pocket folders come in different sizes, substrates, and coatings and can be customized with unique design features. To assist in selecting design specifications for your pocket folder, it is important to evaluate the number and type of documents or promotional items it will need to contain.
Pocket Folder Printing Customizations
The following is a breakdown of pocket folders based on templates, sizes, colors, and paper types, among other design guidelines.
Folder Pocket Styles
Depending on your taste and where you intend to use the folder, there are different styles you can choose from, including:
- A one or two-pocket folder
- A bi-fold or a trifold folder
- The option to include internal business card slits
- Optional customization of pocket dimensions and orientations, including
Please note that the pocket and panel size should be ¼” larger than the inserts that the folder will hold.
Substrates & Paper Materials
Selecting your substrate and paper for your pocket folder is an important aspect that affects the look and functionality of your folder. Our two most common substrates are:
- 13pt uncoated cover: Similar to thick business cards. It is uncoated and non-glossy.
- 14pt gloss cover: Traditional glossy finish. Cannot be written on.
With an unlimited choice of paper weights for digital and offset prints and a variety of finishes, including UV-coated, uncoated, and matte, you can achieve any thickness, texture, and finish to match your needs.
The following are the most popular dimensional options:
- Legal size: 9″ x 14.5″ with a 4″ pocket
- Mini size: 4″ x 9″
- 9″ x 12″ with a 4″ pocket
- 6″ x 9″with a 3″ pocket
- 5.25″ x 10.5″ with a 3″ pocket
You can customize the color of your pocket folder according to your taste and preference. We offer a full-color gamut and unlimited secondary spot colors using CYMK color codes. You can choose to have your folder fully colored on the outside and inside or colored on only the outside. Our standard color printing codes are:
- Full color on the front side only – 4/0
- Full color on the front and black on the back – 4/1
- Full color on both sides – 4/4
We can assist you in choosing colors for your pocket folder that complement and contrast to increase visual appeal.
The following are the primary coatings for pocket folders that we offer:
- Cast coating sheets – These sheets have a shiny, high-gloss finish. Compared to other types of coatings, they are more expensive.
- Gloss coating: This type of coating is the most common and is characterized by a smooth layer with a gleaming reflective surface.
- Dull coating: It is not as shiny as gloss coating but not as flat as a matte coating.
- Matte coating: This coating minimizes the reflective ability of the folder with a smooth, mottled appearance.
- Soft-touch coating: Similar to matte coatings with a suede-like texture.
- Uncoated: Has a porous feel and appearance. Uncoated folders are not as durable as the coated alternatives.
At RoyerComm, we have a plethora of finishing options you can choose from, such as:
- Embossing/ debossing
- Plastic Coil & Wire-O
- Laser die-cutting
Benefits of Custom Pocket Folder Printing
There are many reasons to look into customized pocket folders for your business. Above all else, they are an excellent means of advertising your company and products. Here are other benefits of using custom pocket printing:
- Pocket folders can enhance your brand identity and provide a positive impression to your customers.
- For use in conferences to easily hand over information to potential business partners and investors
- If you carry your custom pocket folders to all business events, you can save money on promotional costs.
- Pocket folders make you more efficient in your place of work.
And so much more! As evidenced, custom business folders have many advantages. What’s equally important, is working with an expert printer. In addition to fulfilling orders, an expert printer helps you with design and offers a seamless portal to manage inventory.
Our team at RoyerComm is ready to answer all your questions and provide guidance that will help turn your project from good to great. Contact us today to get started.